Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vacation is here!

So I am officially on vacation as of last Friday. I spent the day making cakes for the forth of july. One cake that i saw in a magazine and was destin to recreate was a watermelon cake. Well making the cake was the easy part, frosting and getting it to sit like a watermelon cake was a whole nother story. I got the color and parts right and the seeds, only it could not sit on the rind end to save the cakes life. The other cake I made was a tie-dye cake with cool whip topping and it was delicious, nice and light and fluffy. Last but the least a raspberry pie with fresh raspberries from the yard. It was my first pie and it came out quite good if you ask me.

So for the weekend we went down to one of the finger lakes where my fiance's family has a cottage. We sat around and went on boat rides, drank alcohol ate many bad for you foods and played in the lake since it was about 100 degrees outside. At the night of the third is when the lake celebrate the forth, everybody lights a flare in front of there cottage and the whole lake is lit up. It looks like the Ring of Fire from the Johnny Cash song, and it burned, burned, burned the ring of fire. LOL. there were so many fireworks in the sky that you couldn't look everywhere at once. It was amazing! I also got to lite some little fire works that I bought along our road trip.

It has been hot as hell here for the past couple of days. Went to the driving range on Monday. It was so hot that my sweaty hands could barely grip the club and I was afraid the everytime I hit the golf ball that the club would go flying along with it. After that I decided that we needed to get a slip in slide so that we could cool off from the heat. Into Walmart we went and out we came with a 16ft slip in slide and some dairy for making home made ice cream, yummy!
The slip and slide was so much fun, my mother inlaw tooks pics so i will have to figure out how to get them on. I forgot how much fun it is to do the slip and slide. The nephew was over too and it was hilarious trying to watch him figure out to run and then slide. He would like crocadile slide/crawl to the end of the slide. Then there were times when I would push him down and that was fun too. He is crazy. After he was done, I just layed there soaking up the sun and cooling off in the water from the slip and slide, how relaxing it was!

Later on Monday I lifeguarded for a friend of a friend who has a pool and was having a party and wanted some extra reassurance, so that was fun and I got paid to watch little children swim with their parents. Money for my vacation to England.

So Tuesday was the big day that I was going to finally get my dental implant for a tooth that has been missing for more then a year now. I figured I should get this fixed before I get a married. So I went in and it took about 5 vials of numbing agent to numb my gums and an extra vial through out to complete numb the area. I am thinking my body is getting used to this stuff and immuned to it already. So after drilling and fitting and tighting and bone graphing, I am half way to getting a new tooth for my missing one. I am in a bit of pain every now and again. The part that hurts the most is where all the needle pricks went and having to keep my mouth open for so long while they streched my lips in all sorts of ways. I can only eat soft foods. My diet today consisted of soup, hard boiled eggs, humus, potato salad and applesauce. Maybe for dessert some chocolate pudding. Yea me, I am on vacation and visiting my parents! Talk about that more next time.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time up in NY! The cakes/pies sound yummy - wish I could have seen/had some! :) The slip n slide sounds like a great idea, but it hasn't been too hot out over here. I'm sorta amazed that I haven't missed having a/c yet - but the summer has just started, so we'll see how that holds out! Anyway, thanks for updating. Adding pictures is easy - there's a little picture icon in all of the editing tools when you write your blog. Just click on it, find your photo and viola. Maybe we can figure it out when you come down to the shore!! SOOOO EXCITED!! :)

    ReplyDelete