Sunday, July 18, 2010

Blueberries, raspberries and Cherries oh my!

Sunday afternoon was a great day for berry picking, if I didn't say so myself! We (jeff, me and his mom) we to G and S orchards to berry pick. It was out in farm land. They had all sorts of fruits you could imagine; blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, blackberries, currants, gooseberries, apples and more. It was fruit heaven. We picked blueberries first because that is what I wanted to pick so that I could make a homemade blueberry pie. It was so much fun! There were berries every where you looked and they were so yummy! We picked almost a whole bucket full, plenty to make blueberry pie and freeze some for smoothies later in the summer and winter months.

Next was on to cherry picking. The trees were full of them, luscious juicy black cherries. There were so many of them too and they just melted in your mouth. They are by far the best cherries I have ever tasted, forget the supermarket ones! So I picked about a quart of those and ate about a handful while picking and more on the car ride home. I wanted to pick more but they wouldn't let me. I will just have to go back later and get more. What a wonderful afternoon!
This up coming week I will be on a fruit diet!

Yippee for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment