Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nanny Jobs

I thought you should know that I have a couple of nanny jobs that I go to during the week. My full-time family is Tuesday through Friday with six month old C. Occasionally I babysit for twin girls who are 16months. Sometimes I watch E who is 18months. Then on some nights I work for an agency who sends me to different hotels to baby-sit for people on vacation.

So last night I went to an agency job, where I found myself watching a 2yr old and a 6month old. The 2yr old had great speaking skills, I could understand most of what she was saying, although she was so petite, her sister almost out weighed her. Crazy!! Formula fed, that explains every chunky baby I run into. I can't figure out why parents think it is ok to give their baby that. Hello....it is like junk food for infants. At least give you baby organic formula so that they don't ingest all the toxins that are in the regular formula. Ok, enough rambling. So back to the kids, they were so cute, read books, played with play dough and built with blocks. Bedtime came and went and all went well. Parents came home and payed me, but dad didn't tip. He wanted to give me exact change so we purposely walk down to the lobby with me and asked for change for his $20 and then gave me $5 of it. Thank me graciously for my service and off to me car I went.
Wait a minute, didn't I just watch your children for 5 hours, keep them safe, feed them and entertain them. You didn't know me, I could have taken your kids home with me, but I didn't. How is it that people tip the waiter that brought you your food and took your order, but the lady that watched your most prized possessions doesn't get any kind of tip, not even a dollar. I don't get it. Now these days I don't normally expect a tip, a big tip anyway. But at least $10 would have been nice. Ok, enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment