Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Belated Earth Day!

Hello, so I have started my new nanny job. The little girl I am working with is such a character. We will call her McQueen since she is so into the Car movie and the characters from it. She is a pistol alright. Talk, talk, talk.... she talks so much it took her almost an hour to eat breakfast the other day. I was like are you kidding me! Mom eventually shovels food into her mouth while she is talking or procrastinating to move the meal along. My take on this, when mom is on bed rest and can't be with us on meals, I am going to set a time limit on meals. You have 20 mins to eat and if you don't finish it then your out of luck. Will see how that goes, keep u updated on that. Oh, mom also believes in finishing everything that is on the plate, including the milk. I on the other hand not so fond of that idea.
The mom of McQueen will be on bed rest for the last 6 months of her pregnancy, so she will be there, but not totally there. So I will be working till the middle of October with this family. Then i am planning on visiting my family in Illinois for a week and then heading to England to visit my friend Corie. By the way visit her blog, it is cute.
So it is Friday night and I am spending it at home, the fiance went to his brothers house to watch a hockey game...what fun, not! I went to Borders to get a fun book called, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I am excited to start reading it. It is about a family who only ate food produced in a 100 mile radius from where they lived for a whole year. Keep you posted. There is something about buying a new book that is really fun and exciting, it is like buying shoes to some people. Yea I know it is weird. And I made some cookies with the MIL (mother in-law). I am glad i get along with her so well. If only jeff got along well with my MIL. Ok, so i am going to drink my tea and read my book. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a newly designed blog! Very festive! :) Going to England?!?!?!? Me wants to go. :( Can we go again when I'm living in NYC? I'm flippin' dying to get over there. I've promised myself, though, that I'm not even going to think about Europe until we're back on the East Coast to save time/money, etc (even though Ben said today, "I think we should go to Italy sometime" after seeing my National Geographic Traveller sitting on the coffee table).
    As far as books, I'm totally with you. I LOOOOVE books. Kona has about 12,000 used book stores (author's note: slight exaggeration) and I'm in hog heaven!! I've even started to wonder what I'm going to do with them when we move to the east coast. Do they stay (if we got storage) or do they come with and add about 10,000 lbs of weight to our moving allotment? Dunno. Anyway, I should just start a blog (or at least add on to my education one that I made) so we could all just talk that way. We'll see. Graduation is in about 3 weeks - gotta concentrate on that. I'll talk to you soon. Have fun with MIL, Jeff and upstate. :) <3 ya.

    ReplyDelete